This is a contract role and will form part of the Data Infrastructure team that is part of the larger Solutions and Technology Group. You will work with a range of internal stakeholders such as data scientists and software developers to understand data driven needs and implement robust processes to produce accurate data sets for analysis.
Your range of responsibilities will be focused understanding data and delivering data pipelines to underpin business systems and decisions.
You will actively participate in a team that is committed to a consultative culture and making a difference.
- Understand data sources, ingestion and consumption use-cases, data quality, latency and other considerations such as data and storage formats, persistence needs, data volatility, business rules & aggregations and other data consideration.
- Design data pipelines, create and build dimensional models and data schemas.
- Maintain system configuration and processes documentation and manage change control for the data pipeline.
- Develop end to end data pipeline solution including integration, scheduling, transformation and consolidation
- Ensure data pipeline is operationalised, monitored and supported to uphold model performance and prevention of outages
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal customers, providing expert advice regarding the effective use of data pipelines and delivery of data sets
We are looking for a passionate, pragmatic and highly collaborative team player who has a proven track record of delivery in an Agile environment and thrives on working in a culture of delivery and continuous improvement.
With solid experience in data engineering, warehousing, pipelines or development of BI reporting, you will enjoy building relationships with internal customers and stakeholders and providing expert advice to support joint goals. Your relationships are underpinned by your understanding and experience in:
- Design and creation of data pipelines
- Data modelling (SQL and NoSQL databases).
- Automation tools
- Programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, R).
- Structured and un-structured data
- Relational and non-relational databases.
- Change management processes and practices
- Monitoring and administration of data pipelines.
If you have the skills and experience required for this role - my client would be very interested in having a conversation with you. This role will have a quick turn around, so don't wait.
I look forward to discussing the detail with you - please submit an updated copy of your resume via this job board to enable a detailed conversation.
If you are unsure and just want to have an initial chat, feel free to reach out!
043 403 2941
043 403 2941