My client is a very well known player in their field - in fact, they are one of the world’s largest publicly listed companies in their industry, with offices across Australia.
The DevOps Engineer role will form part of the Technology Business Unit who strives to provide world class technology services and solutions. Your team will be accountable for Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse solutions, with a specific focus on data management, governance, data warehouse architecture, operations and support.
Your role will be responsible for propagating the development, documentation and maintenance of DevOps automation and tooling. You will assist teams to deploy and operate systems and automate and streamline operations and processes to increase efficiency in the delivery of software products and services.
You will also build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations and will also troubleshoot and resolve issues in their development, test and production environments.
Skills and experience:
- Proven work experience within a large commercial environment, driving DevOps solutions for automation throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience in agile ways of working and the ability to drive adoption within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a continuous improvement (CI) culture.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining strong relationships across business and technology teams.
- Develop, document, and maintain DevOps automation and tooling for Employee UX, Customer & Data Technology. Increase the flow of work in product development teams.
- Ensure the delivery of quality product by ensuring code peer review, unit testing, and other techniques.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of standards, procedures, and methodologies to maximise the effectiveness of the product delivery lifecycle
- Analyse, consult, design, develop, and install computer applications to support business objectives.
- Compile, maintain and review artefacts generated out of the SDLC.
- Provide system support by investigating, liaising and advising on problems reported by business support teams, system test, and third-party providers.
- Estimate total effort required to deliver release cycles and support application release planning.
- Adhere to software development best practice and ensure repeatable and ongoing success.
- Drive continuous improvement. Proactively identify areas of improvement and optimise on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and evaluate industry innovations, trends and offerings, act as an SME and be at the forefront of DevOps practices and developments.
Is this you? Are you looking for a role where you can get your teeth stuck into and where you will have the support to be the best you can? Then apply for this role to enable a more detailed conversation.
Looking forward to hear from you.