The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for understanding product requirements to assist with the deployment, maintenance and operation of external and internal products.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing hybrid cloud based system to ensure the availability, performance, scalability of the production system.
- Work with your team of DevOps, QA and Security engineers to assist the Development Teams in producing prioritised features with high quality.
- Spearhead architecture, tooling and technology best practices for hybrid-cloud environments from a DevOps perspective.
- Assist with the building of monitoring solutions and the resolution of escalated software or infrastructure related issues.
- Communicate well as you collaborate with your team and stakeholders, to help your team satisfy customer needs in developing new product and supporting old.
- Strong technical ability with a desire to build scalable and efficient solutions within industry engineering practices
- Strong desire for continuous improvement, personally, within your team, and across the wider department
- A passion for DevOps principles (Automation, Theory of Constraints, Lean Engineering, etc).
- Experience in DevOps practices such as CI/CD, Configuration management and Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins or React, Docker and Ansible.
- Experience in AWS Serverless offerings such as Lambda and DynamoDB is desirable.
- Experience in DNS, Web Servers, SSH and RDP.
- Experience in scripting and automation (Python or NodeJS preferred).
- Knowledge on fundamentals of Networking and System Administration.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Ability to adapt and align with the technology vision and the technology stack of the company.
- Bachelor level degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or similar.
If you have the skills and experience required for this role - my client would be very interested in having a conversation with you. This role will have a quick turn around, so don't wait.
I look forward to discussing the detail with you - please submit an updated copy of your resume via this job board to enable a detailed conversation.
If you are unsure and just want to have an initial chat, feel free to reach out!