My client is moving to the cloud and is seeking an experienced Senior Security Engineer to evolve and standardise my client's security approaches and capabilities.
You will bring to the table a strong technical background with experience in modern security practices and a desire to proactively find and adapt new practices and methodologies. You are passionate about creating world-class solutions and you take pride in your work efforts, applying effective analysis, design, testing and coaching skills to support the production of solutions to address customer needs.
- Perform security analysis of the Cloud (e.g. AWS) and On-Premises Products.
- Collaborate with R&D teams to build quality products which are secure by design.
- Develop and carry out information security plans and policies.
- Engaged with our customers and able to provide responses to their security queries.
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach including steps to minimise the impact and investigation of how the breach happened and the extend of the damage.
- You will have the opportunity to architect new test platforms and approaches to create realistic environments for security verification and evolve current systems.
- ⦁ Security vulnerabilities evolve on a daily basis, keeping up-to-date is of high importance to you, and you are able the translate them into examples which teams can consume and grasp easily.
- You will be given the opportunity to take lead responsibility in any major security incident response activity.
- Proven experience working in a professional environment
- A solid understanding of information and cyber security related topics with a focus on cloud controls, design, incident handling procedures and management (e.g. AWS).
- Experience in up to date engineering practices such as, but not limited to:
- Penetration Testing
- Attack Surface Analysis
- Experience with security tools (pentest tools, scanners, etc).
- Experience in problem analysis and design of a scenario verification environment.
- Experience with disaster recovery, technologies and methods.
- Experience with known security frameworks such as ISO 27xxx, SANS, NIST etc.
- Experience coaching within a software team
- Proficiency in scripting and other automation languages.
- Multi Platform Experience (Windows, Unix, Linux, etc)
- Understanding of concepts around continuous delivery, inclusive of automation/ orchestration service delivery.
- Experience in constant engagement with Agile development teams on a regular basis.
- Bachelor level degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or similar.
- A professional certification such as CISSP or CISM or other technical certifications are highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: good cultural fit, team player, enthusiastic, motivated.
If you have the skills and experience required for this role - my client would be very interested in having a conversation with you. This role will have a quick turn around, so don't wait.
I look forward to discussing the detail with you - please submit an updated copy of your resume via this job board to enable a detailed conversation.
If you are unsure and just want to have an initial chat, feel free to reach out!