Working within our development team you will be primarily working on WordPress websites for a number of our key accounts.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experiencing in developing WordPress sites from the ground up and php MVC frameworks such as Laraval.
Ideally you have a good grounding in PHP development and able to work on other PHP frameworks.
Our tools of trade for development will involve your preference of IDE and Atlassian products including JIRA, Confluence & BitBucket Server.
- Working with the wider development team to ensure and advise on best practise approach to technology decisions and the authoring experience on Wordpress
- Working closely with the front-end development team to advise and integrate new web experiences into Wordpress.
- Working with the Project Managers to estimating user stories to ensure development sprints are achievable
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to deliver a quality product on time
- Continue to foster a culture of fun, commitment and learning
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong educational background in computer science or related fields
- At least 5 years of PHP programming with WordPress software.
- At least 3 years of integrating responsive design
- Experience integrating 3rd party service integrations with WordPress using REST architecture
- Experience with batch importing/exporting
Skills - Mandatory
- PHP 5.3+
- Bedrock WordPress theme and plugin developments
- Drupal development experience
- Custom development of back-end features, cron jobs and command line Linux
- SASS and LESS, jQuery
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of task runners and workflow management tools such as Gulp, Grunt, Webpack and NPM scripts
- Good understanding in Git version control
- Good understanding in automated deployment tools such as Bamboo
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) to interface with project managers and clients
- Ability to manage time for efficient delivery of work
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt quickly
To thrive you must have an assertive personality, team spirit, attention to detail and excellent time management skills to work on various projects at once.
Hit "Apply" now to be shortlisted!!